On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 09:58:28 -0400
Aujunai Charpentiair <auju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Apache/Open Office,
>
> I was using Open Office September 7-2018, to work on my book of 700 plus
> pages when suddenly it disappeared. I tried starting over because the pages
> start running sometimes while I am typing. I can be on page  405...and it
> will run back to page 35. I wait a few seconds and then I can find the page
> that I was originally working on. This time my whole book has disappeared.
> And there are now only 2 pages. One of a photo from my book...and one that
> is all messed up. I have no idea what that page is or what is on it!
>
> I work from my flash drive as Microsoft has blocked my downloading my book!
> They want me to come back to them...which I REALLY-REALLY do not want to
> really do! They will not let me export my book!  They will not let me
> download my book. and I have tried. What has happened to my book in Open
> Office?
>
> Please-please-please help me. I have no backup. The flash drive was my back
> up because Microsoft is holding my original book hostage! Please get back
> to me as soon as possible. Thank you for your time in this matter. I do NOT
> want to go back to Microsoft! But...they have my original work!
> Again...thank you for your time in this matter!
>
> *Aujunai Charpentiair*

Why this has happened I cannot say.  We know from frequent reports on the OO
Forum that it is unwise to work OO direct to a USB stick.

Your best bet for recovery is to use the methods set out in this tutorial on
recovering temporary OO files
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>