Dave AOO wrote:
some members of the PMC have repeatedly resisted
my proposal for a small change in ezmlm software to reinstate the
[MODERATED] flag in the subject line.

Can you name (some of) them? Offlist is fine too, if you prefer.

I think the main issue is whether ezmlm supports the feature or not. If it does (i.e., your "change" above is a configuration change), I don't see big issues. If the "change" you mention is, instead, a code change requiring to run a custom version of ezmlm, I think Infra won't allow us to do it due to the obvious maintenance burden that comes with custom-built software.

Regards,
  Andrea.