A difference in raster vs vector graphics?

I found this:

As of 1.5.x versions of Scribus, you can now import PDFs as vector graphics
files. Previously, all you could do would have been to rasterize a PDF into an
image frame. This leaves you with some limited and in some cases less than
ideal ways you can edit the frame. Now with the ability to bring PDFs as
vectors, you will be able to use the vector editing abilities already built-in
to Scribus. Here I want to go through an example of how this might be useful.

@ this linl:
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Importing_PDF_files_as_Vector_Graphics