I’m evaluating migrating to OpenOffice from MSO, using a MacBook Pro with
Mojave, MSO Office Mac 2011. I’m new to OpenOffice. I work on documents
collaboratively with others who use MSO, so my edits need to be transparent to
them in style and layout. My first trial had serious problems. I opened a .docx
document in OpenOffice 4.1.7. The original document comprises multiple tables,
one table per section, each table being about one or two pages or so, total 60
pages. When opened in OpenOffice, the font was changed from Times New Roman to
Calibri. The footers do not show in OpenOffice, although they are listed and
checked under Insert->Footer as Converted1-Converted59. The text boxes were
missing. The number of pages was 57 instead of the original 60 (possibly due to
the missing footers).  Are these problems endemic, or is there a way to avoid
them, have my documents look the same as in MSO?
Advice?
Thank you,
Stan Hendryx