At 19:08 26/04/2020 +0000, Michael Thomas wrote:
I have used Open Office for decades. [...] But something happened this weekend. I have red lines around things I have moved. And I cannot sort. The sort button is greyed out. I cannot sort anything in any of my tabs. I can sort stuff in other files but not in any of the tabs in my finances file.

You have - presumably inadvertently - toggled on the recording of changes for this document file.

o If you want to keep all the changes you have made, toggle this off again at Edit | Changes > | Record.

o If you want to be selective about what changes you keep, go to Edit | Changes > | Accept or Reject... first, and deal with the changes one by one. Then toggle recording off again at Edit | Changes > | Record.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker