Greetings,

Using Aoo 4.1.6 Writer under Slackware Linux 14.2 (K4.4.217) and xfce4.

I have a document which I need to add an appendix to at the end. I read the Writer Guide, but there does not seem to be an example of what I want to do with the appendix page numbers. I do not want them to continue from the main document page numbers, so I created an Appendix page style and used that in the page break dialog to restart the appendix page numbers at 1. What I want is to have the page numbers be prefixed by "A" for appendix, to differentiate them from the document main body in the TOC. I could just add an "A" before the page number field in the footer, but that "A" would not be reflected in the TOC page numbers. I want the TOC to reflect "A1", "A2",..., not just restarting at "1" again. The guide has an example of the Chapter number prefix type of numbering, such as "2-1", as in Chapter 2, Page 1, but that is not quite what I want. Is there a way to add such an arbitrary prefix to page numbers and have the entire page number, including the arbitrary prefix, be reflected in the TOC?

Thanks.

Girvin Herr