To configure the Java environment with the AOO package you only need to open the settings tab (Tools>Options>Java) and wait for a moment until the AOO automatically detects the installed JRE and select "Use a Java runtime environment" and the detected version. If the AOO does not automatically detect the installed environment you have to use "Add" button and manually indicate the location of the folder where the JRE is located. After saving the settings, the AOO functionality requiring a JRE should work without problems.

------ Original Message ------
From: "WA.TWORSX via AOL" <wa.two...@verizon.net.invalid>
To: "BMCS" <b...@apache.org>; users@openoffice.apache.org
Sent: 5/20/2020 5:39:47 PM
Subject: Re: Java Version

Dave and Group:

OKay; I now have a jre1.8.0_251 folder showing under C:Program Files (x86)
Java. I think I am now convinced that a 32-bit JRE is installed on my computer.

1. Does that mean that AOO will recognize it?
2. What additional steps should I do for AOO functionality?
3. Is there a test that I can/should do?  I think AOO-Base relies on
   JRE; maybe I should attempt to run a Base template, since I do not
   have any Base files of my own doing, yet.

Please excuse my carelessness on the path, earlier.

VinceB.