Hi,

LibreOffice provides no Support or email address so I'm trying this email
address to ask you guys a question.

I've had OpenOffice on my computer for many years.

Around May 10, 2020 I was looking at an OpenOffice word document after losing
computer access and internet access for two years, due to financial problems.

I noticed that no message popped on like before re "update available", so I
started web searching.

Some websites were basically claiming  that OpenOffice couldn't support itself
any longer and recommending LbreOffice, so I downloaded it - it appears to be
almost exactly the same as OpenOffice.

I've got lots of documents on my computer I made over the years with
OpenOffice.  Whenever I look at one now it comes on the screen, but I see a
LibreOffice logo. (I've only used the word processing portion of OpenOffice).

So my question is - should I delete/uninstall OpenOffice on my computer, since
Libre Office seems to read all the files with no problem?

Again, I'm only reaching out to you all since LibreOffice provides no Support
or email address (understandable if they're open source) - so I'm sorry if Open
Office went to it's demise, and if anybody is out there reading this I
appreciate you answering my question.

Thanks,

David