Yes AND need to understand that the "editable PDF" is a special case of a
PDF document.

To create one from a LibreOffice (this is an OpenOffice mail list but you
referenced LibreOffice so this reply addresses LibreOffice) document that
can later be edited in LibreOffice the option "Hybrid PDF (embed ODF file)"
MUST be selected when creating the PDF from the LibreOffice document.

If and only if this step is taken the pdf can be edited within LibreOffice
provided other features are also available. Per LibreOffice help...
https://help.libreoffice.org/6.2/en-US/text/shared/01/ref_pdf_export.html?DbPAR=SHARED
this embeds the ODF inside the PDF.

The PDF can then be opened and edit in LibreOffice just as if it was an ODT
file.

So yes, LibreOffice can edit PDF but it must be a particular type of PDF.