Doris,

Following up Dan's note, here is a link I found with detailed instructions
how to install OpenOffice on a Chromebook. The article is dated July this
year so it is as current as possible.

http://www.linuxmadesimple.info/2020/07/how-to-install-openoffice-on-chromebook.html

I saw that Google Docs includes an app called "Forms". It may or may not
enable teaching the database concepts in your lesson. From the looking I
did, there didn't seem to be a way to review the underlying structure.

I also found that Google has a product called "Google Cloud Databases".
These included traditional SQL, e.g. MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and
others, as well as noSQL databases. There is a free option with this
product. You would have to check with Google to ask if there is an
educational option.

These two options are mentioned because Chromebooks are designed for
connected use and it generally requires some extra work, per the
instructions in the link, to install local programs on them as is done with
a traditional Windows pc/laptop.

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011