How and where are the pages stored while in progress over a period of time?
Stored as files wherever you like (NOTE: a multi-page document is stored as
a single file. Individual pages of a document are not stored as discrete
files). This is the same as any pc/tablet based program you might use to
create and edit files. Where the files are saved is up to you.

Can you go back and edit at any time? Yes.

Is there spell checking? Yes.