Try this: Control + ; (or Insert > Date)

This will insert the date in whatever format you select. Note: this is not a function such as NOW() or TODAY().

Dan

On 11/12/20 18:40, Alan Pearce wrote:
But it will change every time you open the spreadsheet which isn't what I
thought you wanted. It is probably something that can be achieved but others
more knowledgable than me will know.
Alan

-------- Original message --------
From: Joost Andrae <joost.and...@gmx.de>
Date: 12/11/2020  11:37  (GMT+00:00)
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Default Value field in a table formatted to Date

Hi,I'm not quite sure what you like to accomplish.Within Calc you can use the formula TODAY()So if you
enter =today() into a cell you'll get the current date.If you save this within a spreadsheet document and
if you load that document then this cell will show you the current date.Kind regards, JoostAm 12.11.2020
um 09:04 schrieb DAB DAB:> Hi, I am new to openoffice and have used MS Access in the past. I have
created a table called Customers and have 3 fields CustomerID, Name and Date. The date field type is date.
When I open the table I want the Date field to default to today’s date so I don’t have to keep inputting a
date.> > What is the best way to do this in openoffice?> > Sent from
Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10> >