On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 06:22:06 -0800
Emmanouil Diplas <emmdip...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> Hello, ever since I upgraded my software from 4.17 to 4.18 the SW keeps
> crashing and stays in an infinite loop of attempting to restore my open
> sheet, and then it stars all over again every few seconds, regardless of the
> format I am using “XLS” or “ODS”.
> Removed 4.18 and went back to 4.17 and now even 4.17 keeps crashing and I
> cannot work.
> Please advise and Thank you for your time!
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Check that Windows 10 is fully updated.  If that does not cure the problem,
delete or rename the OpenOffice User Profile - it will generate a fresh User
Profile on next startup. OpenPffice User Profile details are given at
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=99158#p476647

If these two procedures fail, as a diagnostic start Windows in Safe Mode and
see if OpenOffice runs stable in that mode.  If it does, you are experiencing
interference from some program or driver that runs in Windows normal mode -
obvious candidates are an anti-virus program, or perhaps Windows Defender or
some ransomware prevention application.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>