On 2021/02/12 11:11:38, <ewald.jan...@mnet-online.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have installed OpenOffice together with Microsoft Office 2019 both with
> newest versions. I’m working with Windows 10 Home 64-Bit newest Version.
>
> If I use Windows menus in order to call a new Word document, I cannot find
> an entry for Microsoft Word:
>

> Desktop:
>

> Explorer:
>

> I show, what will happen, when I select in the menu Microsoft Excel-… for an
> example. And I want to have exact this with Word:  a new Microsoft Word
> entry in the folder.
>
> But I cannot do this because there is no Word selection.
>

> I searched in OpenOffice FAQs, but didn’t find something.
>

> I searched in internet and finally found something: OpenOffice installation
> changes a registry entry reserved for .docx (“OpenOffice.docx”):
>

> Normally (if no OpenOffice installed) this entry contains “Word.Document.12”
> as I can see in my notebook with Windows 10 Home 64-Bit and Microsoft Office
> 2010).
>

> Changing “OpenOffice.docx” to “Word.Documenr.12” solved the problem!

> Because I do not want to change this registry entry always after installing
> a new version of OpenOffice, please
>
> eliminate this bug in OpenOffice!!!
>

> Best regards
>

> Ewald Janker
>
> Stiftsbogen 33
>
> 81375 München

Ewald,

this is not a bug, it is designed that way.
Probably if you had MS Office installed after OpenOffice it would most probably
be exactly the other way round. (Opening .odt files with MS Word.)

Have a look at this page
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12918 (scroll all
the way down} to see a simple way to change the default app on Windows 10 (
From OO to MS or the other way round.)
You cab specify there exactly which file you want to open with what application