The password is needed to decrypt the files.

A password cracker can recover the password. I did that a year or so ago
when I had the same problem. Problem solved.

Search for OpenOffice password cracker. You'll find several. Don't remember
which I used or I would tell you.

Depends on the type of passwords you're using, whether and how long before
password is recovered. In my case was an alphanumeric six character
password. I think it took about 10 minutes before it figured out the
password.

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011