Hi,

Am 10.03.22 um 18:36 schrieb Nasha Sooryaya:
> I opened a .doc file (which I have opened many times before using OO),
> and it crashed and belched out the following:
>
> soffice
> You_Are_Invited_To_The_45th_Annual_Meditation_Residence_Course_2014.doc
> javaldx: invalid settings. User must select a JRE from options dialog!

Make sure you have Java installed and configured in the AOO options.
Sometimes, when Java is updated it gets deselected.

(Of course, it should give a message instead of crashing)

> /opt/openoffice4/program/soffice: line 132:  3789 Segmentation
> fault      (core dumped) "$sd_prog/$sd_binary" ""$BOOTSTRAPVARS""
>
> So, what is the workaround???
Depending on your OS (Linux?) get Java 8 or Java 11 installed and
selected in AOO.

> PS: I am running version 4.1.10.

You may want to update to 4.1.11.

Regards,