Maybe idea out of left field, but is there plenty of free space on drive
that is target of save? Especially if OS is on that drive too.

If not, try saving to a different drive or a thumb drive.

Have experienced very strange problems with drives that have run out of
space.

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011