You may also try an OpenOffice password cracker.

A web search with the term "openoffice password cracker" turns up quite a
few hits. It will be brute force cracking, in other words make a password,
try it, if fails try another, and so on. But the password cracker
automatically creates and tries the passwords so you don't have to.

If you really need the document AND the password's not too complex, AND you
have some idea its length, then running the password cracker for a few
minutes to several days until it finds the password will get you back into
the document.

not to complex - if you know it is only letters and numbers, or better yet
only upper case or lower case letters and some numbers then fewer passwords
for the cracker to create and try and quicker results
its length - if you know it is six or eight or ten characters, or at least
five characters you can tell the password cracker to start with passwords
that length. Saves time because the cracker doesn't start with passwords of
length one character and work up from there

If you know the above things then do the web search and try some of the
password crackers.

--
Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011