Am 29.09.22 um 23:10 schrieb Alan Cohen:
I have been using Open Office for years.  Today your spell check function stopped working.  It stops on every word and there is nothing wrong.  I'v' tried to use your user forum. it's useless.
Why are Forums useless?

I guess it does not know which language to use. Check if this is correkt in the settings. See [1]

If that looks fine and every word is underlined with red lines Then you should look to reset your profile. Actually you do not need to rename the complete profile. Only the section of the spellchecker, but I am currently unsure which folder it is. On windows all configurations are stored in the folder %appdata%\OpenOffice\4. Rename it, and OpenOffice resets.

I've downloaded the current version of open office.  Same problem.  Can you help?

Please respond to this email address.  Been using this product for years and never had this problem before.

Alan Cohen

HTH

Peter

[1] https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Writer_Guide/Choosing_language_settings