Gemma,

Whatever type of computer is being used, Windows or Mac, will have
accessibility options like screen magnification, high contrast text and
borders, etc.

If the computer's accessibility options are used then every program used on
the computer will have the selected options applied. So every program would
be zoomed, or have larger text, or higher contrast text or all of it if all
of it was selected.

If the only interest is to increase the size of the worksheet's cells and
their contents, not the menus, not anything else, then the zoom feature for
the worksheet does that.  Zoom is found under the View menu and the
controls at the bottom right corner of the Calc window.