In addition --- this won't work if the document you corrupted was in
.doc format.

Alternatively if you want to send (if it is not confidential) it to my
address I can try to open with beta2.0 ??

I'll leave it to you...

/paul

On 6/3/05, Robin Laing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Elias Parchas wrote:
> > Dear users,
> > I am a new user of OpenOffice and I use the last stable release 1.1.4
> > I was editing a text document created with the word processor of
> > OpenOffice.
> > The name of the document is case_3
> > At one point I had the great idea to open an other file with the same
> > name from a different directory!
> > And the software crashed (expected).
> > I tried to open the first file again. The open office came up with a
> > message that the file is corrupted and it will try to recover it.
> > But unfortunately it gave me a blank page.
> > The size of the file is big 11.8Mb and contains many pictures. Most of
> > them are imported as graphics, but one of them has been copy pasted from
> > ms word.
> > I am using microsoft windows os and I want to recover my file if
> > possible.
> > I do not care about the pictures but for the text.
> > The text is in Greek.
> >
> > Thank you very much in advance
> >
> > Elias Parchas
> >
> 
> Open office files are compressed with zip.  You can use any unzip
> program to unzip the file.  Do this in a seperate directory and you
> should have a list of files including your graphics.
> 
> It would depend on if the other program overwrote your data or not.
> 
> Good luck.
> 
> --
> Robin Laing
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to