2009/11/7 Walter Hildebrandt <wh2...@gmail.com>:
> Yes, your formula does work.  The colors are correct.
>
> I added the following at the front of your formula and that  works.
>
> IF(ISBLANK(A1);"Empty";IF(A1=0;"zero";
>
> I am pushing my luck but there is another change I would like to make.  The
> numbers in the A column are formatted as Numbers but they are actually
> percent numbers.  Is there a way for the numbers in column B to have the %
> signed included?  The B column has just the number without a % sign.

Have you tried the % button or format it as %? That will convert your
data to %, so 40 will be 4000,00%. Maybe you don't want that. A dirty
workaround in that case could be Right click the cell or cell range →
Format cells… → Enter something like this in the format code field:
0"%"
This will just add the % character right after the number, but the
number will still act as an ordinary number.

Johnny Rosenberg