2009/11/15 Abraham <aben...@satx.rr.com>:
> I have the latest update for Open Office 3. I am very pleased with it and I
> am also fast learning how to use it. I am
>
> E-mailing this contact because, as the subject implies, I need a direct
> contact and response to solve this problem.  If I am writing to the wrong
> contact, I apologize and I would greatly appreciate your navigation of this
> e-mail to the proper contact.
>

> Both Lotus and Excel and have a function, Paste Special, which will change a
> cell's content from calculations to Value Only (pure numbers or percents).
> They can do this for columns, rows or areas of cells in which the content
> consists of mixes of numbers and the calculations of numbers, percents (%),
> currency, etc, using data from other cells.
>

> Open Office also has Paste Special but I can't get as complete and easily
> done a transition to Value Only.
>

> Right now I have a column in an OpenOffice.Org Calc spreadsheet with a mix
> such as the one described above. When I scan the column and click on Calc
> Paste I get a list of options none of which I can apply to the WHOLE column.
> All I can do is convert individual common sets to Value only, one at a time.
> And, as I previously said, I have the same problem for mixes in rows and
> areas of cells.

Sorry, I really don't understand this. Why can't you do that? If you
select a range of cells, no matter if it is a singe cell, single
column, single row or a range of several rows and columns, the Paste
Special will be applied on exactly the cells that are selected.
If you select a range of cells, then Ctrl+c, then select a single
cell, then Paste Special → Check Numbers only → OK, the paste special
will be applied on a range of the same size as the first one you
selected, starting at the cell you selected last time. What more could
you possibly want?

Sorry for not understanding your problem.

Johnny Rosenberg