On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 21:07:43 -0800
John Jason Jordan <[email protected]> wrote:
> I was using OOo 3.01 on Jaunty x86_64. I decided to move to OpenSuse
> 11.2. I bought a new hard disk for my laptop and put the old one with
> Jaunty into a drive bay adapter that I can use instead of the CD/DVD
> drive. My purpose was to use the old disk to transfer data files and
> configurations to the new installation.
>
> All has gone well, except the version of OOo installed by OpenSuse 11.2
> is 3.1.1, which cannot read the ".openoffice.org" config file from my
> old computer. When I launch OOo it creates a .ooo3 file. I can delete
> the .ooo3 file, but when I relaunch OOo it just recreates a new one. Of
> course, the new one has none of my configurations from the old version
> I used on Jaunty. And there are a LOT of personal configurations in
> there - autocorrect entries, templates, styles, macros, toolbar
> configurations, extensions ... redoing it all would take hours.
>
> Surely there is a way to migrate the configurations into the new OOo.
> Please say yes.
Never mind. I figured out a solution.
Looking at the .openoffice.org folder I find subfolders as:
.openoffice.org
3
users
Looking at the .ooo3 folder I find subfolders as:
.ooo3
users
Acting on a hunch I deleted the ~/.ooo3/users folder. Then I copied the
~/.openoffice.org/3/users folder to ~/.ooo3/users. When I launched OOo
everything was back as it was.
--
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]