2010/1/12 Sigrid Carrera <sigrid.carr...@googlemail.com>:
> Hi Klark,
>
> Am Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:53:05 +0800
> schrieb Klark Ooi <k...@redhat.com>:
>
>> Hi Henri,
>>
>> I download the rpm files. It gives me a whole bunch of RPMs. I used
>> rpm -i *.rpm but after installed, I can't find any of the pkg and no
>> menu to execute the programs.
>
> In the folder ../RPMS is a subfolder called "Desktop-integration". Did
> you install the desktop integration package for your Linux distro? With
> this package you should have then an entry in your menu list.
>
> As alternative you could open a shell (bash or so) type "soffice &" and
> hit return. This should start OpenOffice.org as well. This command
> works for me here on Mandriva Linux.
>
> Sigrid

I was too late… and I wasn't sure about how the rpm stuff works. I
installed 3.2 by first deleteing Ubuntu's version entirely, then
download the debs and installing them by ”dpkg -i *.deb”, then cd to
the desktop integration folder and run the same command again. Before
I did the last step there was no icons or anything, so the last step
seems to be ”the thing to do” in this case.

Regards

Johnny Rosenberg