"In-Betweener" <inbetweenercom-openoff...@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:i0dcfv$mn...@dough.gmane.org...
"NoOp" <gl...@sbcglobal.net> escreveu na mensagem news:i0bcpa$c7...@dough.gmane.org...
On 06/28/2010 05:09 AM, InBetweener wrote:

My guess is that OOo Math hasn't this feature at all. :-( I tryed even LyX, and that was able to do what I want, but, at least to me, in a cumbersome way.

Is this what you were doing/using?
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=cancellation
And is that what you are looking for in Math?

If so, I don't know the answer, but the comparison between TeX and the
cancel.sty
(http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/cancel/cancel.sty) may
be of help to someone on the list who does know.

The intent is more of negation than cancelation. But any slash "overprint" would suffices.

I think the nearest you can get using only OOo's Math is a horizontal dash overprint obtained by using "overstrike R", so your formula would be "(x,y) overstrike R". The "overstrike" command is one of the "attributes" shown on the web page I cited in a previous post (<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide/Math_commands_-_Reference#Attributes>). Of course, you can use any letter, or even a sequence of letters, in place of "R". So, for example, "overstrike aBc" puts a *continuous* horizontal dash through the sequence "aBc".

One thing you could do is provide a footnote to the first use of this notation in your document to explain what it means.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England