On 4 August 2010 01:37, Wade Smart <w...@wadesmart.com> wrote:

> Im not sure what to call it but, I would like to be able to enter say a
> telephone number into a cell like this xxxyyyzzzz and it be autoformated to
> xxx-yyy-zzzz.
>
> Wade

This may be of no relevance to you at all, in which case apologies. The
format you specify is virtually useless outside North America. If you plan
to include any non NA numbers you will require completely different formats
which, certainly for Europe, vary from country to country and even from city
to city. In addition, certainly in the UK, landline numbers have a different
format from mobile (cell) phone numbers.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England