Den 2010-10-12 12:04:10 skrev Earl Melton <earlemel...@yahoo.com>:

On 10/11/2010 01:55 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
Den 2010-10-11 14:08:12 skrev Kosie Olivier <koos.olivi...@gmail.com>:

I have a problem on OpenOffice - my arrow keys do not move cells on a
spreadsheet anymore like it did before. What can I do?

Hope you can help me!

JPH Olivier koos.olivi...@gmail.com

Why do you still use the very old OpenOffice.org 2.0?

And what do you mean when you say ”move cells”? I have never been able
to do that with the arrow keys alone.

I ws pretty sure I had done it before, but just now confirmed it on my Ubu 3.2.0 and it worked fine. I selected three contiguous cells, then placed the mouse pointer on the very edge of the selection and moved it down to the next row, then back where they belong. Duck soup!

Yes, the mouse, but you was asking about the arrow keys?

And placing the mouse pointer at the edge is an Excel thing, you don't need to do that in OpenOffice.org. Just place it anywhere in the cell range and move it. If you want to move a single cell, you need to make sure it is highlighted, for example by selecting two cells and then move the mouse pointer back to the first cell again without releasing the mouse button, or by Shift+Click on the cell you want to highlight and then move it.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg