On 13 October 2010 06:20, Michael Adams <mbad...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 October 2010 23:25, John King wrote:
> > Michael Adams wrote:
> > > Can anyone else confirm that the UK English version only shows measures
> > > from text to polygon (rectangle etc.) edges in Inches when other
> measures
> > > (cm) are selected in "Tools - Options".
> > >
> > > Windows OO.o V2.3.1
> >
> > I presume you are referring to the 'spacing to borders' setting.
>
> Yes

Ah. Sorry to be pedantic but you meant a "text box", not a rectangle.

Again, on my OOo 3.2.1 on Win XP Pro, if I change the preferred units at
Tools>Options>etc. then the units shown for distance between border and text
change too.

> > In ooo 3.2.1 on opensuse, UK version, changing the measurement unit to cm
> > also changes the spacing to borders units to cm.
> > Maybe it's a problem with version 2.3.1 of ooo?
>
> Dislexic fingers, I meant 3.2.1.

What OS are you using? Linux? Have you installed a distro-specific version
of OOo? What happens if you switch to the generic version? From the above
comment, OpenSuse seems to behave properly but my reading of this mail-list
over the years leads me to think that Ubuntu is particularly prone to this
type of problem.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England