On 18/11/2010 07:14, Brian Barker wrote:
You will recall the problem: to take material pasted into Writer which
appears as short lines, each of which is actually a separate paragraph,
and to merge these into a single paragraph.

Indeed. I have a related problem - verse pasted from a non-OOo source I find usually has line ends marked as paragraph breaks. These should really be changed to the equivalent of shift-return so each verse counts as a single paragraph for formatting purposes, while 'end of paragraph' should correspond to end of verse.

At present I go through the hard way with 'delete'. Tedious. The problem always being that each time this crops up, it's quicker to do it the hard way rather than hunt for a better method ready for next time.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England