On 3/15/2011 8:07 PM, Larry Gusaas wrote:
On 2011/03/15 4:55 PM  Lisa Dee wrote:
Larry -

While the advice you gave was helpful, I had figured that much out...
That advice was from James Wilde. I forwarded it to you since you are not subscribe to the mailing list.

the problem is that the OO is still setting as default document launcher. There is no "Change All" choice. There is a "Always Open With"
I think you did not exactly follow the instructions. I'll try to list them concisely. You will have to do this for every Microsoft file type you do not want to open in OOo. I will describe for Word .doc

In Finder locate a .doc file.
Right click on the .doc file
Click "Get Info"
A long narrow window will open
Part way down the window is "▾ Open with:" (make sure the triangle is pointing down"
Below that is a drop down menu. Select MS Word
Below that is "Use this application to open all documents like this one."
Click the "Change All..." button.

This is basically the same instructions that James gave. You missed the ' Click "Get Info" ' step.

but as far as I can tell, that will only open that specific document - does that mean that I have to go through each document and "Open With" - that is truly a waste of my time! If I wasn't writing full-time it would not be such an issue, but knowing that I will have to carry out at least 6 extra keystrokes to open a file, rather than clicking on the document and having it appear as it was writte n in the form that it was saved - rather presumptuous of OO, don't you think?
Don't go on a rant against OOo when you did not follow the instructions given. It also makes people less inclined to provide support to you. I wouldn't use MS office if it was given to me.

Larry
--
Larry I. Gusaas