On 2011/04/06 9:21 PM  Eustace wrote concerning  "odt icon":
Why the icon of an open document text (*.odt) says "ODF"?  -emf

ODF stands for Open Document Format, which OOo uses for all document types. Oracle and the ODF cartel decided to impose, despite many objections, the bland white icons with ODF on them instead of the specific file type. This lack of colour made them useless in determining which type of file they indicate.

     Larry I. Gusaas

*Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan   Canada
Website:   http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese *