On 10/07/11 19:13, Olivier Bietzer wrote:
Hello,

1/ You have to define a ODBC connection to your Access database (through
Control Panel - ODBC Connections)

2/ You have to create an OOo Database to connect to it (via OOo Base -
New Database - ODBC Database), then save the odb file

Then you have a connection to the base that you can see by pressing F4
on a writer or calc document

Hope this helps,

Thanks. I was aware of those steps with ODBC. Hence my post because it just does not work. Attempts to connect fail every time with messages about missing drivers. Yet the ODBC connection works fine with other applications, Delphi or VB for example.

Registration of databases has been mentioned. That also fails for me.

Incidentally, the issues are common across OOo and LO.

Anyway, I've given up.

Cheers

Olivier