On 8/7/2011 5:29 PM, Dave Barton wrote:
Copy to paul whitehill - Non-Subscribed Poster

-------- Original Message  --------
From: Doug<dmcgarr...@optonline.net>
To: users@openoffice.org
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 17:18:22 -0400

On 08/07/2011 04:18 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
2011/7/30 paul whitehill<whitehill_p...@yahoo.com>:
Hi i  wonder  if  you  can  help me.
I wonder that tooâᅵÅ
the alternative  seems to  have  a  charge �£1..59 but  it says  it
is  free.
What alternative and to what?
OpenOffice.org is free if you download it at
http://www.openoffice.org/. No charge what so ever, as long as you
download it yourself.

Is  the  open office Writer the  same as  MS Word  ?
No. If it was, it wouldn't be free.

This  is  the  software  I  want to  type up a  document,   can  you
help
me  ?
WellâᅵŠ download it from http://www.openoffice.org/, install it, run it
and start typingâᅵÅ
Don't forget to use Styles from the beginning. It will save you a lot
of time later.
There is built in help which is sometimes helpful. If not, ask
specific questions here.

Are  there  any  software  clashes,  Say i  want  to  send  a  document
attached  to  my  e.mail,  will  it  Open  in  all  systems?
Yes, as long as support for ODF is installed (like OpenOffice.org,
LibreOffice, AbiWord, ODF-plugins for MS Office and so on). If the
receiver doesn't have to edit your document, you can always send it as
a PDF.

Thanks,  please  answer  my questions

Regards,

Paul Whitehill.
What's ODF?  My OO/LO/Symnphony wants to save in .odt.
--doug

ODF (OpenDocument ISO/IEC 26300:2006 standard file format
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ODF)

but .odt is the proper file extension for ODF files.

--
Dale Erwin
Lurigancho, Lima 15 PERU

http://leather.casaerwin.org