On Mon February 27 2006 01:18, John Lumby wrote:
> (Thanks for the replies on how to create a chapter heading - I am past that
> hurdle)
>
> I have read about the Open Standards XML File Format of the content.xml
> file.   I am just wondering - is it feasible/useful/practical to hand-edit
> this file?      Is its format and DTD something that should interest me?
> Has anyone ever developed any editing functions for this file?
>
> The reason I ask is that I have a large number of GML-format documents and
> was wondering if it is feasible to try converting them to Open Standards
> XML File Format.     It is probably not since e.g. would require adding
> end-tags etc - but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has done
> anything along those lines.

John,
 This very much depends on how complicated the current files you have is. 
For example if your files look similar to DocBook format then generating the 
correct XML for an OOo file may not be too difficult. 

Of course this convertion can be done without the need for any OOo libs.

-- 
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

Maybe your question has been answered already?
                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to