On Thursday 04 January 2007 11:23, + [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have downloaded this program and set it to read excel powerpoint and was
> it word docs(?) thinking it would give access to office type facilties - it
> was the only link from Internet Buyer Direct who advertised their product
> as coming  with office software - but having done so I find my wireless
> mouse disabled.
> clicking on the desktop ocon I get loads of files and folders but nothing
> to tell me what this program actually does.
> I am tempted to uninstall but having set my pc to use it to read the files
> listed I fear that in doing so I might be unable to access those files
>
> so what does this do?
> why is my mouse disabled? &
> if I uninstall will I still have access to files?

Hi Nigel,
 OpenOffice.org gives you the same functionality as MSWord, Excel and
Powerpoint. It does NOT do anything with your wireless mouse. You should be
able to find OpenOffice.org available in Start -> Programs, if not then
please verify that you actually installed the program.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ