Bob Syrett wrote:
> I am currently using Word 2002 and wanted to transfer the program and
> documents to a new computer with the Vista OS but Word 2002 is incompatible
> with Vista. If I install OpenOffice will I be able to transfer my saved Word
> documents?
>
> I am holding my breath!

Yes.  Unlike MS, OpenOffice does not try to force users into new
versions and so it can read documents created with very old versions of
Word.  OpenOffice runs on Windows, Linux, Mac and other operating
systems.  It also, unlike MS Office supports ISO standard file formats.
The latest version is 2.2.  You can get it from www.openoffice.org .