On Friday March  30 2007 4:23 pm, Nancy Mroz wrote:
> Help!!!!!
>
> I just installed open office 2.2.0rt4.  Unfortunately, all my word
> pad and text documents now show up as open office even though I
> have not opened those files in writer and do not want them opened
> in writer.
>
> How do I tell Windows Vista or Open Office Writer NOT to open these
> docments as Writer/Open Office documents????
>
> I did not check any of the file types for microsoft when installing
> open office.
>
> I only want to open files I created as writer documents as writer
> documents.   All others should be left as is.
>

> Thanks!!!!
> Nancy Mroz  aka  Wildcatmelody

     This is a problem with file associations. For some reason all of
your .doc files have been associated with OpenOffice.org. To change
these file associations back to what you want, right click one of
your .doc files. Select Open with. Then select MS Word or Word Pad
(which ever you prefer to open these files). Finally, at the bottom,
click the boxed labeled Always use the program to open this type of
file. (Or words to that effect) Click OK. That should solve the
problem.

Dan