I looked at it... but my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong cuz I'm
pretty new to OpenOffice) is that OpenOffice Base basically allows you to
just get the data directly from the database.  That won't work for us
because all of our security, processing, etc is done in EJB's in a J2EE
architecture.  So hitting the database directly basically by-passes all of
that.  Unless OpenOffice Base allows you to use something other than a
database as its source (like xml, a webservice, etc.) it won't work for us.
That's why we were looking at the OpenOffice Writer XForm functionality for
what we need.  But like I said, I'm an OpenOffice-newbie so I could have
very well missed something that could make Base work for us.

-----Original Message-----
From: S Perry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 3:19 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [users] XForms repeating fields

Have you checked OpenOfficeBase's REPORT capability? 
   
  Repeating fields is how you make a sheet of labels with the same address.
You do not use NEXT RECORD for the second and subsequent labels if you want
a sheet that has the same address on every label, such as your return
address labels.
   
  If you want to make a sheet of mailing labels that are all different, you
use the fields you want for each label for the first label, then NEXT RECORD
for the subsequent labels.
  

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Not quite sure what you mean - could you give an example of repeating
fields?


Quoting "Swanson, Dennis" :

> We are interested in using OpenOffice xforms to create some reports based
> off of xml that we pass to the document. The problem we're running into
now
> is that it doesn't appear that OpenOffice currently supports repeating
> fields with xforms (to display more than one record of something). Can
> someone confirm this?
>
>
>
> Also, if OOo does not currently support repeatable fields with xforms, my
> next question is: I see that a report designer is being planned for OOo
> 3.0 next year, does anyone know if it will include this capability?
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dennis
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]



       
---------------------------------
Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of
spyware protection. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to