2007/8/14, Christopher Reiss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I have a Calc file that I cannot open.  I get a "Read-Error. Format
> Error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,3894781
> (row,col)"  Any suggestions on how to recover the file?  I have tried to
> remove the styles.xml file and also tried inserting into an already open
> spreadsheet, no luck!!   I appreciate any help ...Thanks, CR

First, you shouldn't steal somebody else's thread like this. There are many
reason for not doing that.

I have no detailed suggestion how to correct your file, other than the
usual:
Rename the file to WhateverTheFileWasPreviouslyCalled.zip, then unzip the
whole thing to a folder in which you will find the file mention in your
error message, that is content.xml. Open it with a text editor and see if
anything looks wrong, maybe the error message gives you a hint where to
search too, I don't know.

If you found anything and changed it, zip that folder back again and finally
change its name back again to WhateverTheFileWasPreviouslyCalled.ods.

Johnny Rosenberg