2007/9/4, Stan Goodman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> ** Reply to message from "Johnny Rosenberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on
> Mon, 3
> Sep 2007 22:30:25 +0200
>
> > 1. Using capitals only is in most situations equal to shouting. It's
> also
> > hard to read.
> >
> > 2. What do you mean when you say that it will not respond to save as?
> > Exactly what did you do and exactly what happened? Often when using Save
> As,
> > you want to change the spreadsheet's name or file type. What was you
> trying
> > to do?
> >
> > 3. I don't know, but when I save things to a CD, I don't do that with
> > OpenOffice.org. I use CD burning software for that, such as Nero, but
> there
> > are many others as well.
> >
> > 4. Are you sure that the CD is writeable?
> >
> > 5. It's not obvious what you actually are trying to do, at least not for
> me.
> >

> > J.R.
>

> If you read his note literally, it sounds like he misunderstands the
> Save-as
> dialog altogether. He seems to think the list of documents in the current
> directory is meant to be the list of documents to be saved. So he clicks
> on
> them, thinking that they will be opened so he can save them. Naturally, he
> is
> disappointed when none of them opens.

OK, in case you are right about this, I guess that someone should say
something like this::

Here is how to use the Save As function:

   - You are working with a document and now you want to save it with a
   new name or in another format.
   - Click File - Save As
   - Select the folder you want to save the file in (if not already
   selected).
   - Change the name of the file if you want to.
   - Select the file type for your new file if you want to save as
   another format.
   - Click the Save button.
   - Your document is now saved in the format you selected and with the
   name you entered.
   - If you continue to edit the document you should know that you are
   editing the file with the most recently chosen name and file type.

Hope this helps.

J.R.