I don't know if this will accomplish exactly what you are thinking of:

In a spreadsheet, you can "hide" arbitrary rows and/or columns. So let's say your "sheet" extends from cell A1 to cell H44. You can hide all columns I through IV and all rows 45 through 65536. All that will be left visible will be A1 through H44.

To hide rows(columns): Select the rows(columns) you want to hide; Right click -> Hide

Elchanan wrote:
Greetings everyone,
I have made a spreadsheet that fits (selected print area) on exactly one
sheet. The rest of the spreadsheet is empty. It's a little form I'm using
for a project, and it works just fine. What I would love to do is distribute the spreadsheet so that only the
selected print range is visible at all; I'd like to have the rest of the
cells simply "disappear" (so that it looks like a sheet of paper). Can this be done using Calc? (How?) Thanks,
Elchanan