At 17:24 16/02/2008 -0500, Kenn Goutal wrote:
It appears that, in my version at least, there is no function that, given a number 1..12, returns the name of the corresponding month.

Try =TEXT(A1*30;"MMMM").

Failing to find one, I tried to fetch the i-th element of an 12-row column of month names, but I'm apparently not clever enough to code that.

o  Select just your twelve cells containing the month names.
o Go to Insert | Names > | Define... and give the block the name "monthname" (no quotes).
o  Now use =INDEX(monthname;A1).

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker