cindy hanson wrote:
How do I convert a WPS file to open office?  I bought a new computer and loaded 
all of my old docs (WPS ) on a flashcard, however I am unable to open any WPS 
files in the new open office program.


Most versions of OpenOffice do not support Microsoft Works files. However, there is a work around. You can install Microsoft Word Viewer and Compatibility Pack (link below). This will allow you to read those files and many other file types and then cut & paste into an OpenOffice document. However, installing the Word Viewer will change the default application for Word documents, so you'll have to change it back, as described here:

Right click on file icon
Select Open With > Choose Program...
Check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and choose the desired application.
If that method is not available, follow the directions listed here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

Word Viewer and Compatibility Pack
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/CD102258581033.aspx

--
Use OpenOffice.org <http://www.openoffice.org>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to