hey james,
  your thoughts make sense and there should be value there. 
  btw - I downloaded from your site and have been using open office's calc and 
writer and find them just fantastic. who needs microsoft!
  cheers,
  lucy
  


James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Lucy wrote:
> hi there,
> 
> not sure if you are aware of this but I noticed someone selling your software 
> on eBay.
> 
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Open-Office-2007-for-Microsoft-Windows-98-2000-XP-Vista_W0QQitemZ370021736835QQihZ024QQcategoryZ3770QQcmdZViewItem
> 
> I didn't think it looked right so wanted to let you know.
> 
> 

It is entirely legal to sell OpenOffice, but I don't think much of 
those, such as this one, who only sell a download link. Vendors who 
sell it on a CD provide a useful service, but those selling a link do 
not provide anything that can't be obtained for free. According to what 
I've seen on that site, they appear to be complying with the 
requirements for distributing OpenOffice, so it's simply a case of buyer 
beware. All we can do, is keep spreading the work about how OpenOffice 
is available for free from www.openoffice.org.


-- 
Use OpenOffice.org 


       
---------------------------------
Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

Reply via email to