  From: Harold Fuchs
  To: users@openoffice.org
  Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:15 AM
  Subject: Re: [users] Can't set page numbers on open document

  On 19/03/2008, Meg Parkes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    I am using version 2.0 of OpenOffice.org and my problem is:
    I can't set page numbers on my open document.
    I have tried the help page instructions:
    insert - footers... but there is no box to choose position, type of
numbering and no number appears in the footer box.
    Please advise.
    With thanks,

    Meg Parkes

  Insert>Footers>Default and then Insert Fields. Choose Page Number. The number
1 will appear at the left end of the footer. Use normal formatting options -
font, centre, bold, whatever - to format it. Of course you can also enter text
before and/or after the number such as "Page ".

  If you double click immediately to the left of the page number a pane will
open which lets you choose all sorts of different styles such as Roman numerals
in upper or lower case and so on.

  --
  Harold Fuchs
  London, England