Thanks, James--It's working fine now!

James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Mary Beth McGreevy wrote:
> Can Openoffice be used with Vista? I downloaded Openoffice, but I cannot
> enter information in the word processing or spreadsheets.

Yes, it is compatible with Vista and many Vista users have installed it.

The procedure for installing OpenOffice is to download the latest
Windows version from www.openoffice.org. Then double click on the
downloaded file. This will start the installation process that takes
you through a few configuration panels, where you can generally use the
default values. When the installation is complete, you should have an
OpenOffice folder & icons in your Start menu. You can then use the
icons to start the various OpenOffice components. If you have done
this and are still having problems, please describe what you are doing
and results, including any error messages.

--
Use OpenOffice.org