Hi,

On 08/29/08 15:36, Sorin Schwimmer wrote:
I am trying to refer a cell in an external document. I tried the following
syntax:
='file:///path/to/doc.ods'#$Sheet1.$E$15
but I end up with
#NAME?

the installed Help has an index entry about "references; to cells in another document" According to that help page, your reference looks right. Tried it on a file of my own and it worked well, using your syntax.

May be you renamed Sheet1 to another name? Then state that name in the formula.

May be the source document was not saved or the saved version of the source document doesn't have such a sheet name?

Also try to open both documents side by side, then drag and drop the cell from one document to the other. Press down Shift+Ctrl when you release the mouse button. Now you see the DDE function. Either you can use that function as it is, or at least you can see the exact syntax of the file name reference.

Please answer only to the list.

Uwe
--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany