Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
Hi,

some time ago there was an OpenVZ kernel rpm for openSUSE 10.1 / SLES 10
but I have read in the mail archives that this kernel is no longer
recommended and one should use a 2.6.18-based kernel instead. That's
fine for me (especially because openSUSE 10.2 also uses 2.6.18), but
I can't find an OpenVZ kernel patch which would apply to the openSUSE
10.2 kernel. There are always conflicts and I'm not sure whether it
will work even if I fix up these conflicts.

Running the RHEL/FC OpenVZ kernel is not really an option because I
depend on some of the patches in the openSUSE kernel.
Can you please specify exactly what is missing in our stable/devel kernels and is available in openSUSE kernels?
Will there be
a patch which works on top of the openSUSE 10.2 kernel or a matching
kernel rpm?
There will be, but I can not give you any timeframe yet.
Besides that, I'd like to test OpenVZ on some machines running a
vanilla 2.6.20 kernel. Are there plans to support that one or merge
more stuff into mainline?
Definitely. We will start porting to 2.6.20 in a few weeks.
I'm mostly using the network virtualization
features and hope the current discussions will lead to a merge in
the near future.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel