I'm trying to script the creation of a number of VEs. The template is a minimal Debian Etch.

part of what I'm trying to do is thinks like:

vzctl exec 110 apt-get install exim4

exim is one of those packages that wants to run dpkg-configure as part of the install (actually I think it's dpkg-preconfigure, but it's the same sort of thing)

When it gets to that stage it complains that it "can't re-open stdin" and generally fails to complete the install.

Is there any way of executing a whole series of commands like this without having to run them all manually. Some things have to be done from outside the VE too, so just running a script in the VE is problematic :-(

Steve